Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Eve Special: U.S. House and Other Races

It would just be silly to predict all of the elections for the House, but I do offer this observation. If a rising tide lifts all boats, then a tidal wave lifts them across land masses.

Where did this "Democratic tide" come from, exactly? I suspect that it is a sentiment of "anyone but Bush" and people figure that voting for the other group of buffoons will make things better...right?

The truth is that I am not sure I believe all of this. It seems to me that our foci need to be elsewhere than picking someone we've never met to do a job we don't understand for money we don't control in a city far away. Sounds like trouble to me...

As for Wisconsin ballot measures: the marriage amendment will sadly pass. This, striking another blow against freedom of choice and the right of gays to be free is embarassing and I hope that I am wrong on this one. As for the death penalty thinggummy, it hardly matters as it is an advisory referendum, but expect it to pass.

Now, get beer, watch TV and see the monkeys dance tomorrow night...

3 comments:

MJenks said...

I find it amusing that Nancy Pelosi has already promised to raise taxes, but "only against the rich". Nice job picking, America.

Will Shannon said...

Yeah, and you wonder how much she can cooperate with a man whom she called "a liar," "the emperor without any clothes," and "dangerous."

Hello gridlock, my old friend.

MJenks said...

Did she get invited to the White House yesterday? I saw Harry Reid was going today. Now that would have been a conversation to sit in on, watching Pelosi's plastic botox face crack with the forced smile she'd have to put on.