- A supposedly easy question with an interesting answer: who was our first African-American president? Would you be surprised to know that it might have been Condoleeza Rice? Read here for more of this interesting (if somewhat far-fetched) argument.
- Watching all of the inauguration hoopla, this question plagued me. Might there just be a hint of a double standard in American political discourse (that's a rhetorical question).
- Barack Obama, Libertarian? His first few days on the job have been encouraging.
- I am not afraid to admit that George F. Will nailed my take on the inaugural address. Not that I agree with the substance, but that is how I interpreted it.
- A great piece on the drama of civil religion that are inaugurations. Another interesting article from the same site on the "Oprafying of Obama."
"Check the Box Sunday"
3 days ago