- An interesting article linking the Bernard Madoff debacle with the idea of affinity fraud. I wonder how much this had to do with the scope of Madoff's deception? Also, the term "Ponzi scheme" has been bandied about a lot without much explanation. Click here for that.
- The latest person to jump on the "capitalism is dead" bandwagon? The guy who created Dilbert. Give me a break.
- "I, Pencil" turns fifty years old. It is one of the clearest expositions of why and how free markets work. Read it here (don't worry - it is really short).
- This year's version of America's Safest (and Most Dangerous) cities is out. Lists like this fascinate me, especially the criteria that they use.
- One in-depth take on the relationship between Central Europe and Russia. I would be more worried about Central Asia and the Transcaucasus, though.
- I cannot get this song out of my head for some reason. Read more about why people get songs stuck in their memories here and here.
"Check the Box Sunday"
3 months ago