- I went on vacation. I went back to Oak Forest and then to Highland, IN and then back to Oak Forest to then depart for Lake Geneva, WI from whence I left for Arlington Heights, IL by way of Richmond, Spring Green, Volo, Wauconda, Fox Lake, Lake Zurich (all in Illinois) and returning to Lake Geneva, WI via Wonder Lake, Woodstock and Hebron (also in Illinois. We returned to Oak Forest via Kenosha, WI (where I ate a bratwurst).
- I had a lovely time.
- I am trying to get ahead for the fall semester. My results have been mixed.
I will return to Madison and more regular posts in a few days. My travels have proved (as they always do) great fodder for reflection. Here's some of the things you can expect (with a certain generosity of spirit):
- Why the arrival of a batchelorette party at the bar you are inhabiting is a sure sign of trouble.
- The interesting blending and bleeding of borders between rural, suburban and rural.
- Other curmudgeonly observations, no doubt.
Aren't you lucky?