The three above maps, inspired by M. Gordon Jenks, represent some of my travels and exploits in this great land of ours.
- The first map is a map of the states that I have visited. The states in teal represent states that I have lived in. The states in hunter green represent states that I have visited; I defined this by a state where I spent the night or at least a period of twenty-four continuous hours. The states in light green represent states that I have been to, but cannot really say that I saw much of. In the cases of North Carolina and New Jersey, I changed planes in airports there (Charlotte and Newark, respectively). In the cases of Nebraska and West Virginia, I merely drove through them.
- The second map is a "beer map," showing states who's fermented malt products I have enjoyed (though not necessarily in the state of their origin).
- The third map is a map of the states where I, shall we say, have gotten "deep in my cups."
I have also visited three foreign countries:
- The Bahamas.
- United Kingdom (England, to be precise).
Of those I have had beer and gotten mullocked in two of them (France and the UK).
- Jenks beats me on states visited and beers-from-states; I beat him in "pie-eyed" states.
- I drink more than I travel.
- I already knew that I have too much time on my hands; this is bordering on certifiable. Luckily the state mental hospital is a short bus ride away.
Postscript: Extra Special Super Bonus Happy List
Before the bus to the booby hatch gets here, I figured I would extend the "fully krausened" list to a more local level; I also wanted a category where I might just blow everyone away. So I give you...
Chicago Suburbs and Neighborhoods Where I Have Been Overserved
- Chicago -This includes the neighborhoods/areas of the Loop, Old Town, Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Rush/Division, Rogers Park, Lincoln Square, Ravenswood, Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Bridgeview, Pilsen, Beverly, Mt. Greenwood, Morgan Park, Wicker Park.
- Oak Lawn
- Oak Forest
- Tinley Park
- Orland Park
- Calumet City
- New Lenox
- Evergreen Park
- Calumet Park
- Blue Island
- Chicago Heights
- Park Forest
- Burr Ridge
- Hammond (IN)
- Highland (IN)
So take that, good judgement, common sense and concern for general digestive and mental health.
Friends don't let friends drink and map.