- Annoying book review cliches. These are as plain as the nose on your face.
- Great interview with econ Nobel Laureate Gary Becker. Becker is a living legend, and he is optimistic about the economy in general. I tend to agree.
- Is curing dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities) murder? Robin Hanson seems to suggest it is.
- The connection between U.S. drug policy and the gang wars in Mexico. The "War on Drugs" causes violence rather than preventing it. Time to sue for peace.
- Is it worth it for a city or country to host a large sporting event like the Olympics? Probably not.
- Women in countries with healthier populations prefer more feminine-looking men. I think this is in line with the main thrust of understanding in evolutionary psychology.
- David Cameron "rallies the base." Four months ago, the Tories had the election wrapped up. Now it will be a fight to the finish and (I think) a hung Parliament.
Year in review
4 months ago