These are things that have came to me over the past few days, whether through observation or just "having a bit of a think." Some are statements, others questions.
In either case, they are not very important. Perhaps I should be focused on more important matters, but I have all the time in the world.
- British television : American Television :: The world as it is : The world as we wished it would be. A generalization, for sure. I think there is some truth to it. This is not a value judgement on either, merely an observation.
- Perhaps this article delves further into my dislike of soccer. I usually don't read The Weekly Standard, but it seemed somewhat germane. While the authors push the postmodern metaphor a bit far, it does make some valid points.
- For me to be an object of desire for any woman would take such a bending of the mind that it could be said to be impossible. In other words, I am not sure I would like to meet a woman who finds me desirable. Conflicted? You bet.
- If the guy behind me clears his throat or rattles his phlegm one more time, I am going to fucking stab him.
- Can we ever escape Hobbes' notions about society? Is the battle between order and chaos the eternal center point of any sociopolitical arrangement?
- Come to it, can we ever truly escape Aristotle's ideas concerning politics and the cyclical nature of government in a society?
- I saw people bicycling in the midst of a hours-long downpour yesterday. I can imagine that wet Spandex bike shorts would be really disgusting feeling.
Are you a better person for having trod where I hath trod?
Better not answer that.