- Fascinating developments in Detroit, alternately seen as an urban wasteland and the new frontier in urban design and planning.
- How a recession helps to less burglaries.
- Hate having to wash your hands or wear a seatbelt? Blame these guys.
- Why are there so few women in philosophy? I agree with Wilkinson in the main, but would also say that while women might be less aggressive than men, I think they are no less competitive.
- Are women picky? Interesting thoughts on speed dating, decision making and the differencec between the sexes.
- Thoughts on this Armistice Day. Controversial line: "The names of Asquith, Bethmann-Hollweg, Berchtold and Poincare are barely remembered, yet on any reasonable accounting they belong among the great criminals of history." Wow.
- Why Joseph Schumpeter is important. Think "creative destruction" here.
- Interested in creative destruction? This book looks good.
- Watch amazing color footage of London in 1927.
- Rock music quality vs. oil production.
39 and feeling fine
2 weeks ago