- Women who adopt their husband's surname might be punished in the job market. I know that perceptions are powerful, but I wonder how widely applicable this is. Ladies, any thoughts?
- Diarmaid McCulloch has a new book about the history of Christianity. It looks interesting, well-written and an admirable attempt at a one volume treatment of such a huge subject.
- Freakonomics Radio's latest edition, on "faking it." Can "faking it until you make it" be a good thing? I suspect that it can, but I think it depends a lot on the faker, not the subject faked.
- Robin Hanson ponders why laws are always flexible, especially where the lawmakers and law enforcement are concerned.
- Why are a lot of professors leftists? This article seems to argue that they have no other choice. I am not sure I agree.
- I think this guy is just being Catholic out of spite for his ex.
- The ups and downs of the traditional English breakfast.
Year in review
2 months ago