Well, not exactly. I thought, however, that I would post something like this to "lighten the mood" after the rather heavy offerings lately. It is like the sorbet after the kielbasa, kraut, potato dumplings and kluski noodles that make up the Polish (I guess) meal that has been this blog.
For a poet, I am a hell of a...whatever it is that I do.
Anyway, thanks to Frema for the rubric
Four jobs I’ve had
1. Plumbing Parts Salesman, Builder's Square, Tinley Park, IL.
2. Overstressed and Hung-over Trading Floor Clerk, Chicago Board Options Exchange.
3. Men's Suit Salesman (less stressed/hung-over), Value City Department Store.
4. Graduate Assistant/Department Bitch, History, De Paul University
Four movies I can watch over and over
2. Glengarry, Glen Ross
3. Blues Brothers
4. Waking Ned Devine
Four places I have lived
1. Oak Forest, IL (my parent's house)
2. Midlothian, IL (my parent's other house)
3. Rensselaer, IN (collapsing dorm building)
4. Madison, WI (house built in 1866 w/mysterious neighbor)
Four TV shows I love
1. Father Ted
2. Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister
3. The Prisoner (I think just about the best T.V. show ever made)
4. Simpsons/Seinfeld (I consider these part and parcel of my generation's culture)
Four places I’ve vacationed
1. London, UK
2. Lake Geneva, WI
3. Pittsburgh, PA
4. Paris, France
Four of my favorite dishes
1. Italian Beef sandwiches
3. Kielbasa and anything
4. Anything deep-fried, really
Four sites I visit daily
1. Fucking Myspace
2. Drudge Report
3. This one (naturally)
Four places I would rather be right now
1. In a bar with free drinks and no asshole undergrads.
2. The same, but in Pittsburgh (GO STILLERS!)
3. The same but in the ethereal plane with A.J.P. Taylor, my spititual mentor
4. Some sort of giant gyro spinner carnival ride
Well, there you have it. Pointless? Sure.
I was gonna post the SOTU comments, but I just don't feel like it now.
Sorry...you'll have to wait. Lucky you.
It opened up my eyes I saw the sign
4 weeks ago