Now, I understand that a lot of this is part of the lifestyle (silly, but hey, it's your life). I cannot help you with you like for crappy music or many of the mental problems that you have/fake/create. There is one thing that I CAN help with: the lack of good food in your life.
You see, we have a defective view of food in this country. Food is, for the most part, a utilitarian notion. People want to eat quick, don't care what it is so they can get back to watching American Idol and not reading anything. The Europeans (including...THE FRENCH) view eating as essential, a daily ritual, a feast for the senses and a spiritual occurrence. This seems more healthy, no?
So, malnourished punk kids of America, let's change our outlook. Let's revel in the simple pleasures of good food and lots of it.
Some websites that can help you:
- Usinger's - God's own sausage maker...and they deliver!
- Vienna Beef - All beef hot dogs, polish and a Chicago institution (always look for the sign).
- Greek Food - A taste of the best of the Aegean! Opaa!
- Barney Greengrass ,Second Avenue Deli, Katz's Deli, Carnegie Deli, Sarge's Deli - great New York deli (they deliver too). Let's nosh together!
- Isaly's and Primanti Brothers - The best of Da 'Burgh! Go Steelers!
See guys? It can be fun. So turn that "world-weary" smirk upside down, quit being ironic for a second and let's go! You'll have a different view on life!
We can do this. I believe in you.
Or keep bein' creepy. Whatever.