Wednesday, April 27, 2005

SHAMELESS PLUG! Come Watch Me Read Something!

I hate to use this august forum for advertising, but this is of an academic nature.

I am presening a paper at the De Paul University Student History Conference. This paper, a distilled form of my Master's thesis, is entitled "In Their Own Image: The Ordinance Survey and the Imagining of Space in Pre-Famine Ireland." I think it is interesting (naturally). Maybe you will too. There are other topics of historical interest that will be presented on through the course of the day. Here are the specs:

Click here for the schedule at the De Paul History Department's website.
  • What: De Paul Student History Conference
  • When: This Friday, April 29, 2005. The conference itself begins at 9:00 AM. I present in the first sessions, which begin at 9:30AM.
  • Where: The John T. Richardson Memorial Library on the Lincoln Park Campus of De Paul University in Chicago, IL. The address of the Richardson Library is 2350 N. Kenmore Ave. Click here for a campus map (the Richardson Library is no. 11). I will be presenting in Study Room 309 on the third floor of the library.
  • Public Transport: Take either the Red, Brown or Purple Lines to Fullerton. Walk two blocks west on Fullerton. The library is right at the corner of Fullerton and Kenmore. You can also take the #74 Fullerton bus. Click here for the CTA's website for full options.

This is a free, open to the public, all-day event with a reception and awards at the end. I encourage you to come and hear, question and maybe even learn. I know I hope to.

Any further questions? Post a comment to this entry or email me at wps4@comcast.net.

Thank you. Aloha.

No comments: