NB: The winner's name is in capital letters. The incumbent (if there is one) is marked with an "*" The party designations should be self-explanatory, as should the abbreviations for the states.
GENERAL ELECTION, 11/4/08, GOVERNORS BY STATE
- DE: MARKELL (D) def. Lee (R)
- IN: DANIELS (R)* def. Long-Thompson (D)
- MO: NIXON (D) def. Hulshof (R)
- MT: SCHWEITZER (D)* def. Brown (R)
- NH: LYNCH (D)* def. Kenney (R)
- NC: PERDUE (D) def. McCrory (R)
- ND: HOEVEN (R)* def. Mathern (D)
- UT: HUNTSMAN (R)* def. Springmeyer (D)
- VT: DOUGLAS (R)* def. Symington (D) and Mollina (I)
- WA: GREGOIRE (D)* def. Rossi (R)
- WV: MANCHIN (D)* def. Weeks (R)
Margin of victory in NC contest = 2%.